Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beautiful Fabric

I have come to realize that you can never have too much fabric. Really you can't. I was so excited when my local sewing store began carrying fabric. I immedately went to investigate. They are so nice. Well after I made a small purchase I put my name on the stores email list and mailing list. Boy am I glad that I did. They just had a 'Christmas in July' sale and oh my the fabric was FABOLUSLY priced $4.50 a yard for all 45'' fabric. The sale was for three days. So I of course had to go the first day or in my mind everything would be gone.... not really they keep everything very well stocked. To get to the point of the story . . . I went in to the store with my three kiddos in toe let's not get crazy Tenacious one was in the stroller. My mistake however was that Since I am just starting out I had no real plan for projects and I had limited funding. So I was of course overwhelmed with all of the beautiful fabric. I left with some Nemo fabric for the boys some dumb dots in chocolate and avocado from Michael Miller, more of the Cowboy Michael Miller fabric and other fun stuff. I kept thinking 'I can make a dress for Monkey Head out of this' and 'Oh I can do this with this' but I don't know that I got enough fabric to start and complete a project bigger than bibs burpies or tees.

Oh well I have been working on my sweet mother in law's curtains this past week so I have been beyond neglecting our home and any 'planning'. I will post pics of my MIL's awesome new kitchen this week after the curtains are finished and hung. They aren't anything complicated pretty simple really but they look great! Hopefully I will get more items made for my site soon.

I had a photo shoot with an adorable friend of mine a month ago. Her daughter is three weeks old in the photos. We are getting ready for her three month shoot soon. She was such a proud mommy.
These are pics of baby girl K. S. I love baby toes!