Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Laundry what laundry?

There is laundry to be done. Having said that I am on this kick of checking out other peoples blogs. I am in love with fabric at this moment. I have inherited boxes and boxes of fabric from my Grandma who just moved. She makes me laugh. About 10 years ago she had a stroke. Then another and another. She never regained her marvelous quilting or sewing abilities. So when they decided to move out of state this Christmas the family got together to 'help' pack. More or less pack what they really needed in their new home. All of the fabric stayed with me! I was both excited and terrified. All of the fabric was left where it had been the past 8 years. Piled in boxes and bags most of which still had the receipt pinned to them the fabric lay waiting to be used. So deciding not to hoard the fabric all for myself.... and I guess that the light persuading by my hubby begging me not to move an entire ROOM of fabric into our already cramped bedroom may have had some thing to do with it. I decided to fabric sale what I didn't have to have. Well I promise that my pile is small. I already have fabric that 'ooohhh I know that would make an adorable. . . blah blah enter in dress, skirt, bag, shorts or whatever you may think that fun fabric could make.

So in my new found fabric wealth I began lurking all over these awesome blogs and sites with vintage or home made clothes and dresses and such. I must say that there are some wonderful and beautiful blogs and amazing artists out there. I am in awe of the wonderful creations that are being produced in homes and shops every day. I wish that I could produce such art. I just love doing it. My creations aren't what most would call art or even good but they are a creative release for me. I love doing it... and by 'it' I mean cake making, scrapbooking both digitally and paper traditionally, cardmaking, painting, sewing, baking, photography and anything else that I can get my hands on.

I really do plan on posting photos of some stuff at some point soon. Just as soon as the laundry pile catches up with the folding pile.